Old 08-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Registered User

Hi There
I am new to worm farming and i didnt know where to start but just wanted to give it a go. So thought i would have a search around the internet to see what info was available and couldnt really find much! However i did find a really great book to download which was incredibly informative and really easy to read. Now I am so excited as i have a better understanding as a complete novice and i highly recommend it to anyone starting out.
I found it under this website: Beginners Guide to Starting a Worm Farm

would appreciate any further advice from anyone.

Allotment Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by David E. Ross[_2_] View Post
On 3/26/10 2:35 PM, Higgs Boson wrote [in part]:
Since you may not have access to "safe" compost, consider using worm
castings.
I use them all the time, esp. when planting or transplanting.
As you probably know, worm castings are the result of "stuff" passing
through our friends, the earth worms.
The castings are odorless, fine textured soil modification.

Since whatever traveled through the worm could not exit unless the worm
were still alive, castings are generally very safe.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean