Old 28-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Registered User

Smile

Pat Kiewicz[_2_];881594']Don Wiss said:

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010, mleblanca wrote:

On Mar 25, 1:46 pm, Don Wiss wrote:
I still have a batch of pictures from a years ago Wildman Steve Brill
foraging walk that I have not yet put on the web. This means this

batch is
not yet merged into myhttp://foragingpictures.com/album. Before I

can
process them there are four pictures I need to identify. They are shown

at:

http://donwiss.com/PP-20060701.htm

What are they?

It might help to know where you saw these plants: country, state etc.

Yea, I should have made that clearer. Wildman Steve Brill only gives tours
in the NYC area. These are from Prospect Park. And the date is in the URL,
which means these were taken on July 1st.

Perhaps if you repost the images around that time it will help (especially with
#1).

I think that the pokeweed and Hibiscus IDs are reliable.

The first one hasn't been IDed properly yet, and the other one with
pinnately compound leaves is that is not slippery elm (and not a sumac,
either, in my opinion) remained to be IDed.

I'm thinking that one is not a woody plant at all, but rather an herb.
Possibly even something like tickseed sunflower -- a common name for
several species of large Bidens -- too bad we have no sign of flowers or
even buds. (But this is a rather wild guess...)

Were these plants all supposed to be edible or in some other way useful?

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

nutrients..." --Largo Potter, Valkyria Chronicles

email valid but not regularly monitored

dont know if this helps any but might the first yellow hibiscus on
the left be what your pic is?

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/43357/

cyaaaaaaaaaaa, sockiescat.

#1).

[...]

okay i hear it already "sockie" u dont know your left from your right lolol.
i mean the thumbnail to the right --Tropical Hibiscus Fort Myers Yellow.
cyaaaaaaa, sockiescat.
Old 29-03-2010, 12:03 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Plant ID help

Don Wiss said:

I thought the first one was one of the mustard family. Now I have taken
many pictures of his tours in Prospect Park. There is no plant here that he
hasn't pointed out on one of his prior tours and is already in
foragingpictures.com. The Hibiscus I just took on my own, as it was a
pretty flower.

For the first one, I had the sudden thought last night of Artemisia
dracunculus (tarragon).

If we are thinking mustards, though, maybe Lepidium (peppergrass).
So, L. virginicum or L. ruderale...?

And how about another guess--Erigeron canadensis (horseweed).

They all have something of that green plumey effect with flowers buds
that start out small and insignificant.

Old 29-03-2010, 07:39 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Pat Kiewicz wrote:

Don Wiss said:

I thought the first one was one of the mustard family. Now I have taken
many pictures of his tours in Prospect Park. There is no plant here that he
hasn't pointed out on one of his prior tours and is already in
foragingpictures.com. The Hibiscus I just took on my own, as it was a
pretty flower.

For the first one, I had the sudden thought last night of Artemisia
dracunculus (tarragon).

Looks too branched and busy to me to be tarragon.
http://farm-wild-fresh.com/images/tarragon.jpg