Old 12-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Registered User

Default A stab in the dark!!

I'm trying to identify the name of a plant I used to have in my previous garden.
Sorry, I have no pictures, but it was in a rockery and supplied great ground cover. The plant started to flower around late May/June or perhaps slightly later, I think and it was definately not an aubretia - the flowers were purple.

Can anyone help please?
Old 12-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkate View Post
I'm trying to identify the name of a plant I used to have in my previous garden.
Sorry, I have no pictures, but it was in a rockery and supplied great ground cover. The plant started to flower around late May/June or perhaps slightly later, I think and it was definately not an aubretia - the flowers were purple.

Can anyone help please?
I have thought some more, and again its a long shot but the leaves were not that dissimilar to coriander, same shape, colour etc.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 4/12/2010 4:40 AM, catkate wrote:
I'm trying to identify the name of a plant I used to have in my previous
garden.
Sorry, I have no pictures, but it was in a rockery and supplied great
ground cover. The plant started to flower around late May/June or
perhaps slightly later, I think and it was definately not an aubretia -
the flowers were purple.

Can anyone help please?

Vinca minor (periwinkle)? Google up a picture.
Old 16-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
On 4/12/2010 4:40 AM, catkate wrote:
I'm trying to identify the name of a plant I used to have in my previous
garden.
Sorry, I have no pictures, but it was in a rockery and supplied great
ground cover. The plant started to flower around late May/June or
perhaps slightly later, I think and it was definately not an aubretia -
the flowers were purple.

Can anyone help please?

Vinca minor (periwinkle)? Google up a picture.
Thank you, but no, its not that (I googled it). It started coming into flower about the time I put my bedding plants out, lasting all summer. I wondered if it was a form of campanula. Incidentally, there is a similar coloured rockery plant, flowering at the moment I've noticed in people's gardens. I particularly liked this one as it was later-flowering.