Old 21-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Registered User

Location: Catrine
Red face Hi from a new member

Good afternoon just stumbled across this site its great

Just a quick maybe a silly question, stawberries in a planter do you need to rotate so that all side have equal sunlight
Old 21-04-2010, 04:32 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Hi from a new member

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 07:20:05 -0400, pottydeckor
wrote:

Good afternoon just stumbled across this site its great

Just a quick maybe a silly question, stawberries in a planter do you
need to rotate so that all side have equal sunlight

Nah... just move the sun.
Old 21-04-2010, 10:02 PM posted to rec.gardens

--
pottydeckor

Depends on your latitude. If the sun is low on the horizon much of
the year,
yes, it would help to rotate.

However, if the sun is high in the sky most of the year, plants will
probably
get enough sun.

Personally, I rotate periodically on general principles, including
inside plants.

Rotation-wise, would help to put your strawberry planter on a wheeled
base.

Good luck.

Persephone
Old 21-04-2010, 10:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,

wrote:
Good afternoon just stumbled across this site its great

Just a quick maybe a silly question, stawberries in a planter do you
need to rotate so that all side have equal sunlight

--
pottydeckor

Depends on your latitude. If the sun is low on the horizon much of
the year,
yes, it would help to rotate.

However, if the sun is high in the sky most of the year, plants will
probably
get enough sun.

Personally, I rotate periodically on general principles, including
inside plants.

Rotation-wise, would help to put your strawberry planter on a wheeled
base.

Good luck.

Persephone

Our general idea is to rotate when we see a leaning towards the sun or
light. Do this with started seeds and especially with house plants.

--
Bill Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Old 21-04-2010, 11:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:
Good afternoon just stumbled across this site its great

Just a quick maybe a silly question, stawberries in a planter do you
need to rotate so that all side have equal sunlight

--
pottydeckor

Depends on your latitude. If the sun is low on the horizon much of
the year,
yes, it would help to rotate.

However, if the sun is high in the sky most of the year, plants will
probably
get enough sun.

Personally, I rotate periodically on general principles, including
inside plants.

Rotation-wise, would help to put your strawberry planter on a wheeled
base.

Rotation-wise must be clockwise-wise in the northern hemisphere and
anti-clockwise-wise in the southern hemisphere. At the equator alternate
your wise, that is clockwisewise, anticlockwisewise, clockyantwise, oh I
forget the rest but keep em moving

David

Old 22-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hare-Scott[_2_] View Post
wrote:
[...]

it is always best to rotate a basket to try to give equal sunlight hope this helps
Old 27-04-2010, 11:32 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default hanging baskets

On Apr 22, 7:16*am, mossie wrote:
Hi i am a new member so be gentle with me i have a number of hanging
baskets to fill and have just bought easy fill baskets does anyone know
if these are any good best tell me now before i fill them thanks in
advance.

--
mossie

What is a easy fill basket?

[IMG] code is On

[IBC] Morning, New Member Barb Bonsai 1 12-08-2003 04:42 PM
New member--intro Kelly Upton Freshwater Aquaria Plants 8 17-04-2003 11:20 PM
New Member Starlord Gardening 0 11-02-2003 04:25 AM
[IBC] New member - Question on junipers Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 10-02-2003 08:25 PM
New member - Question on junipers Allen Bonsai 0 10-02-2003 07:25 PM