Old 16-05-2010, 05:06 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default I Got Grubs!

One by one, my basil, tomato, squash, etc... seedlings begins to die for
no apparent reason. Digging up the soil around some of the dead plants,
I found some of the grubs curling up near the root zone and most of the
roots of the plants were gone.

I went to Home Depot and Lowes to find some chemicals to get rid of the
grubs once and for all but the organic stuff that are safe on
vegetables/fruits don't list the grubs as the insects that can be
controlled. And the ones that can kill the grubs don't list vegetables
as plants that the stuff can be applied to.

What could I do or use to get rid of the grubs without feeding my kids
vegetables contaminated with poisonous chemicals?