Old 27-05-2010, 07:05 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Bayer Natria

Why would this product come with all of the most ominous warning about kids
and pets a if it was something like agent orange. It is emulsified canola
oil Anyway, I bought it to fight my leaf miners. Anyone have any
experience with this product? I also have trouble with some other bugs.
Now my plants are all shiny and smell like popcorn.

Old 27-05-2010, 12:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

Paul M. Cook said:

Why would this product come with all of the most ominous warning about
kids
and pets a if it was something like agent orange. It is emulsified canola
oil Anyway, I bought it to fight my leaf miners. Anyone have any
experience with this product? I also have trouble with some other bugs.
Now my plants are all shiny and smell like popcorn.

You get the same sort of warnings on insecticidal soap.

(*gasp* Don't look now, you're bathing in it!!)

Standard language is required by law on pesticides, and the minimum
level warning (CAUTION) can sound dire, even for products that are
based on items freely used in other contexts in your house, like canola
oil and soap. When they are registered for use as pesticides, they have
to follow the rules.

Understanding pesticide labels:
http://www.ipm.iastate.edu/ipm/hortn...4/undpest.html

(Actually, if you looked at a can of PAM (or similar) cooking spray, it would
have some warnings about not breathing it in or getting it in your eyes...in
very small print.)

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

nutrients..." --Largo Potter, Valkyria Chronicles

email valid but not regularly monitored