Old 14-07-2006, 09:34 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub

Default Dilution ratio for Bayer Season Long Grub Control????????

Call Bayer

On 14 Jul 2006 12:12:59 -0700, "TomYoung" wrote:

Hi all:

Three years ago I bought the Bayer Season Long Grub Control. Product
comes in a "hose end sprayer" bottle ready to attach to your hose.
Only thing is, after the first year the female hose end attachment
point on the bottle began popping off when the water started, rendering
the sprayer useless.

I have a lot of this product left, and the 32 oz bottle was darned
expensive. I'd like to just pour the bottle contents into a regular
hose-end spayer, but I don't know the proper dilution to select.
There's nothing on the bottle and Bayer refuses to say.

Anybody know what a proper dilution ratio for this product might be?

TIA.

Tom Young

Old 15-07-2006, 02:05 AM posted to rec.gardens
TomYoung

Jangchub wrote:
Call Bayer

I did. Hence "...and Bayer refuses to say."

Old 15-07-2006, 02:21 AM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

"TomYoung" wrote in message
ups.com...

Jangchub wrote:
Call Bayer

I did. Hence "...and Bayer refuses to say."

Ask to speak to a supervisor, and another, then another. If no results,
instruct them to reimburse you for the faulty sprayer, which could've burst
and sprayed the crap in your face. Tell them your lawyer might like to know
about that.

Old 17-07-2006, 02:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 01:21:22 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"TomYoung" wrote in message
oups.com...

Jangchub wrote:
Call Bayer

I did. Hence "...and Bayer refuses to say."

Ask to speak to a supervisor, and another, then another. If no results,
instruct them to reimburse you for the faulty sprayer, which could've burst
and sprayed the crap in your face. Tell them your lawyer might like to know
about that.

OR, guess OR do the responsible thing and don't use it.
Old 17-07-2006, 02:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 01:21:22 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"TomYoung" wrote in message
roups.com...

Jangchub wrote:
Call Bayer

I did. Hence "...and Bayer refuses to say."

Ask to speak to a supervisor, and another, then another. If no results,
instruct them to reimburse you for the faulty sprayer, which could've
burst
and sprayed the crap in your face. Tell them your lawyer might like to
know
about that.

OR, guess OR do the responsible thing and don't use it.

The latter would be preferable, but someone told the OP the stuff was OK to
use, and as we all know, corporations are more trustworthy than our mothers.

Old 18-07-2006, 01:28 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:21:03 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

The latter would be preferable, but someone told the OP the stuff was OK to
use, and as we all know, corporations are more trustworthy than our mothers.

If there is no label, I don't use it.
Old 18-07-2006, 01:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

wrote:

The latter would be preferable, but someone told the OP the stuff was OK
use, and as we all know, corporations are more trustworthy than our
mothers.

If there is no label, I don't use it.

Label or not, these things cannot be tested properly for safety, although
the manufacturers love to reinvent the definition of "tested properly".

Old 18-07-2006, 04:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 12:37:06 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

The latter would be preferable, but someone told the OP the stuff was OK
use, and as we all know, corporations are more trustworthy than our
mothers.

If there is no label, I don't use it.

Label or not, these things cannot be tested properly for safety, although
the manufacturers love to reinvent the definition of "tested properly".

I haven't used pesticides in decades. I should say, I haven't used
synthetic pesticides. However, I have not had the need to use organic
methods either for the entire seven years in this house. The
beneficial insects and other macro organisms far outweigh the pests.