Old 03-07-2010, 02:30 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Recommendation for dilution of selective herbicide chems

I want to use up this old bottle of Spectracide's Weed Stop for Lawns, but
unfortunately the label is all kinds of gone. And that's beside the fact
that I really don't want to just spray it all the hell over the lawn, I'd
rather just spot-treat these horrible thistles that're just about
everywhere. Anything left over's going onto the dandelions. I don't want to
be bothered with sending it to the local Clean Sweep crew, which would cost
me more in gasoline to get there & back than it probably did to buy the
stupid thing.

This is the kind of product that gets hooked up to the end of a garden
faucet.

It contains, roughly :
2,4D 7.6%
Mecoprop-p, 2.7%
dicamba, 0.71%
sulfentrazone, 0.18%

That's if I can believe what I *think* I can see through a 16x loupe looking
at the front label. Guess the company didn't particularly want anyone to
know what-all was in it?

It was here when I moved in a few years ago. In case it's way expired, is
there any more harm in spraying it onto the lawn than if it weren't?

Old 03-07-2010, 04:01 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Nelly Wensdow" wrote in message
[...]

When I spray thistles, I use about 0.5% solution of 2,4D. You could dilute
your product quite a bit. I don't know about the other chemicals in your
mix. I really doubt this stuff has "expired".

Old 03-07-2010, 04:33 AM posted to rec.gardens

Nelly Wensdow wrote:
[...]

http://www.spectracide.com/ProductCa...ls/default.htm

Use one ounce (2 Tbsp) per gallon for spot treating. (or 1.5 tsp
per quart)

Hope this helps,
Bob
Old 03-07-2010, 03:52 PM posted to rec.gardens

http://www.spectracide.com/ProductCa...eedStopSouther...

Use one ounce (2 Tbsp) per gallon for spot treating. *(or 1.5 tsp
per quart)

Hope this helps,
Bob- Hide quoted text -

I'd also think 1 to 2 oz. per gallon. Spec for Weed Be Gone which is
similar.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Wallace" wrote in message

[...]

my memory must be bad. I think I used a 0.2% solution when spot spraying
thistles.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:19 AM posted to rec.gardens

Nelly Wensdow wrote:
[...]

Thanks, all. I think I'll start with the lowest dose, not for the least
reason they seem to have changed the formula a bit.