Old 11-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Registered User

Default hi

just joined after trying to find out why my pear tree has black leaves
looks like i'll be taking a bag and scissors to the lotty
lookingforward to hearing from others
Mrs nad
Old 12-07-2010, 12:10 AM posted to rec.gardens

--
mrs nad

Hello and welcome.

Tony M.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:37 AM posted to rec.gardens

My pear tree started getting black leaves last summer and it turned out
to be fire blight. I pruned the tree way back last fall in hope of
saving it. Sorry to say I lost the tree and in a few weeks will be
removing it. I planted the tree 15 years ago and never had a problem
until it was hit with fire blight last year. Hope this isn't the case
with your tree. Welcome to the group. I'm kind of new here myself and
have been learning quite a bit in this fine gardening group

Rich from PA Zone 5-6

Old 12-07-2010, 10:37 PM
Registered User

thanks to everyone who replied to my first message
I will collect the leaves from my tree tomorrow and bag and tag them
hoping that I can trim the tree at the right time (does anyone know when)and save it.
it has been a bad year form me even the beans are very poor, and as for the peas, lost not just 1 lot but several,

Old 13-07-2010, 03:39 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Jul 11, 2:27*pm, mrs nad
wrote:
just joined after trying to find out why my pear tree has black leaves
looks like i'll be taking a bag and scissors to the lotty
lookingforward to hearing from others
Mrs nad

--
mrs nad

A common leaf spot disease which blackens pear foliage is Fabraea.
Old 14-07-2010, 09:29 PM
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by beecrofter[_2_] View Post
On Jul 11, 2:27*pm, mrs nad
wrote:
just joined after trying to find out why my pear tree has black leaves
looks like i'll be taking a bag and scissors to the lotty
lookingforward to hearing from others
Mrs nad

--
mrs nad

A common leaf spot disease which blackens pear foliage is Fabraea.
Many thanks, will get to grips with the tree at the weekend, now we have had the rain bet the weeds are knee high