Old 01-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Registered User

Default Weed or plant

Hello i have been trying to identify this for ages

its getting rather tall lol

thanks for any help
if its a weed its a cracker lol
Old 01-08-2010, 09:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Blackmirror" wrote in message

Hello i have been trying to identify this for ages

its getting rather tall lol

[image:
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1.../7ae7b119.jpg]

[image:
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1.../e935235f.jpg]

[image:
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1.../5825081c.jpg]

--
Blackmirror

How long is "ages"?
Because to me it looks like a sunflower. They are annuals and so don't live
for "ages".

Old 01-08-2010, 11:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

Nelly wrote:
"Blackmirror" wrote in
message ...

Hello i have been trying to identify this for ages

its getting rather tall lol

[image:
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1.../7ae7b119.jpg]

[image:
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1.../e935235f.jpg]

[image:
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1.../5825081c.jpg]

thanks for any help
if its a weed its a cracker lol

--
Blackmirror

How long is "ages"?
Because to me it looks like a sunflower. They are annuals and so
don't live for "ages".

I agree, some kind of helianthus (sunflower), possibly a Jerusalem
artichoke. there are about a dozen sorts.

David

Old 04-08-2010, 05:16 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hare-Scott[_2_] View Post
Nelly wrote:
"Blackmirror" wrote in
message ...

Hello i have been trying to identify this for ages

its getting rather tall lol

[image:
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1.../7ae7b119.jpg]

[image:
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1.../e935235f.jpg]

[image:
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1.../5825081c.jpg]

thanks for any help
if its a weed its a cracker lol

--
Blackmirror

How long is "ages"?
Because to me it looks like a sunflower. They are annuals and so
don't live for "ages".

I agree, some kind of helianthus (sunflower), possibly a Jerusalem
artichoke. there are about a dozen sorts.

David
Wow, how can you find so many links?
Old 05-08-2010, 01:39 AM posted to rec.gardens

Thdaoub wrote:
'David Hare-Scott[_2_ Wrote:
;896192']Nelly wrote:-
"Blackmirror" wrote in
message ...-

Hello i have been trying to identify this for ages

its getting rather tall lol

[image:
http://tinyurl.com/3738v8e

[image:
http://tinyurl.com/34aadp9

[image:
http://tinyurl.com/36xtr27

thanks for any help
if its a weed its a cracker lol

--
Blackmirror-

How long is "ages"?
Because to me it looks like a sunflower. They are annuals and so
don't live for "ages".-

I agree, some kind of helianthus (sunflower), possibly a Jerusalem
artichoke. there are about a dozen sorts.

David

Wow, how can you find so many links?

I'm not sure what the question is.

If you mean links that identify the genus it's just how they look. Use
google images and search on helianthus and you will see they all look quite
similar.

If you mean how do you find so many links to the different species you can
start with wikipedia which has much of the botanical naming hierarchy and at
least the names (if not details) of each species within genus, each genus
within family etc. There are other web sites that have the hierarchy too.

David

Old 05-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Registered User

I found 2 weeds and close similar to the picture shown....

Japanese Knotweed and Solidago albopilosa.

That plant was very common in the farm. They grow anywhere. Most of the details found in Asia.
__________________
vegetable garden
Old 06-08-2010, 01:59 AM posted to rec.gardens

ezylala wrote:
I found 2 weeds and close similar to the picture shown....

Japanese Knotweed and Solidago albopilosa.

That plant was very common in the farm. They grow anywhere. Most of
the details found in Asia.

I don't think it is either of those. If you look at photo #2 you will see
the flower buds starting to form. We will know when it flowers but I am
betting it has a round yellow flower not dense clusters like either of those
two.

David

Old 10-08-2010, 04:28 AM
craftsmaster's Avatar
Registered User

Location: Gold Coast Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmirror View Post
Hello i have been trying to identify this for ages

its getting rather tall lol

thanks for any help
if its a weed its a cracker lol
Definitely it's a weed. I'm not particular about the name but there's a lot of them on my backyard, so I cut them out.
Carmel Santos
CEO of Herb Gardening Guide
Growing Herbs in Pots
Herb Garden Information
Old 11-08-2010, 05:01 AM posted to rec.gardens

The definition of weed is an unwanted plant. Do you want it?