Old 16-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Registered User

Default Garden design, what do you think

hello,
I have just got a new house and as it is a new build the garden is just soil. I have drawn up this idea please let me know what you think and how hard it will be to create as i will be doing all the work myself. Any advice on how to get the water in front of the deck?? will it have to have a pump to keep the water moving?? thanks so much for your help. hope the attachment works ok
Attached Thumbnails
Garden design, what do you think-g.jpg
Old 16-08-2010, 09:32 PM posted to rec.gardens

"ASHGRANT" wrote in message

hello,
I have just got a new house and as it is a new build the garden is
just soil. I have drawn up this idea please let me know what you think
and how hard it will be to create as i will be doing all the work
myself. Any advice on how to get the water in front of the deck?? will
it have to have a pump to keep the water moving?? thanks so much for
your help. hope the attachment works ok

why is the deck against the garage and not against the house someplace?
Also, I would "square off" the deck, even if not just a rectangle. I think
pointy ends to a deck look funny. Where is the street? Where is the
neighboring house?

But, what the heck do I know?

Old 17-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Registered User

why is the deck against the garage and not against the house someplace?
Also, I would "square off" the deck, even if not just a rectangle. I think
pointy ends to a deck look funny. Where is the street? Where is the
neighboring house?

But, what the heck do I know?[/quote]

Hello, well it is not my garage in the garden. It is over there as thats where the sun in for the longest time, and thought it looked good. Its a slight curve on the decking and yea i will take the pointy ends into account. The street is out the front of the house its a semi detached so garden nextdoor. thanks