Old 30-04-2003, 05:56 PM
John S. DeBoo

Default Book for beginners?

Erik Coleman wrote:

My wife hasn't had much interest in gardening and landscaping, so I've sort
of taken on that role, learning as I go. She has little patience for the
work involved, but I think a "beginner's guide" might help her along. Can
you recommend a book that can help her not only with the fundamentals of
gardening, but perhaps give suggestions for easy-to-grow (low maintenance)
plants?

I'm a bit of a newbie myself and am amazed at what there is available in my
local library. I've gotten a wealth of info from there - seriously. Best part
is the price is right, free!

--
John S. DeBoo

Old 30-04-2003, 08:44 PM
animaux

Maybe your wife is an un-gardener! That's a garden which is allowed to be what
it is. If your wife, or you like to read in the essay style, I highly recommend
"Noah's Garden" by Sara Stein. It's a great jumping off point. She talks about
un-gardening...but she is a most wonderful writer.

Victoria

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:34:04 -0500, "Erik Coleman" wrote:

My wife hasn't had much interest in gardening and landscaping, so I've sort
of taken on that role, learning as I go. She has little patience for the
work involved, but I think a "beginner's guide" might help her along. Can
you recommend a book that can help her not only with the fundamentals of
gardening, but perhaps give suggestions for easy-to-grow (low maintenance)
plants?

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-05-2003, 03:44 PM

Reader's Digest Illustrated Guide to Gardening new and used from $3.29 on amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books
or the new one
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books
Ingrid

My wife hasn't had much interest in gardening and landscaping, so I've sort
of taken on that role, learning as I go. She has little patience for the
work involved, but I think a "beginner's guide" might help her along. Can
you recommend a book that can help her not only with the fundamentals of
gardening, but perhaps give suggestions for easy-to-grow (low maintenance)
plants?

Thanks in advance!

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/