Old 28-10-2010, 05:32 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Too quiet

Sure gets quiet around here come October. Is there a NG for my area
(So. Calif coastal) where we garden all year? If any knows, give me a
holler.

Tx

Persephone
Old 28-10-2010, 07:07 AM posted to rec.gardens
Una Una is offline

I've been busy ... gardening!

Una
Old 28-10-2010, 10:04 AM posted to rec.gardens
mj mj is offline

On Oct 28, 12:32*am, Higgs Boson wrote:
Sure gets quiet around here come October. *Is there a NG for my area
(So. Calif coastal) where we garden all year? *If any knows, give me a
holler.

Tx

Persephone

I garden all year here in eastern North Carolina. The green house
isn't quite the same as my summer garden but it keeps me busy !

MJ
Old 28-10-2010, 03:52 PM posted to rec.gardens

you might try http://s14.zetaboards.com/TGTA/index/

it's a gardening message board tho not and email list. But is active
year round
Old 29-10-2010, 12:50 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Oct 28, 7:52*am, Cerwin wrote:
you might tryhttp://s14.zetaboards.com/TGTA/index/

it's a gardening message board tho not and email list. But is active
year round

Thanks. I took a look. Wish Web sites didn't have those black
backgrounds! But looks like some interesting stuff, so 'preciate it.

Persephone

Old 29-10-2010, 01:03 AM posted to rec.gardens

Higgs Boson wrote:

Sure gets quiet around here come October.

i'm very busy cleaning up after the windstorm
we just had, the farmers took the corn in but
hadn't turned under the stalks and leaves yet,
so you can guess what the entire fence/yard/
flowerbeds look like... most of it i'll leave
so the worms can have it, but for a few of the
fences we want to be able to have them last so
i have to keep them clear or the wind will
take them down this winter.

that and i'm trying to get all my planting
done before the ground freezes and finishing
up whatever projects i can while i can.

other usenet news groups:
rec.gardens.edible
rec.food.preserving.

songbird
Old 31-10-2010, 01:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Higgs Boson" wrote

Sure gets quiet around here come October.

Here we are ready for the onslaught of the leaves. Over the next 2-3 weeks
you won't be able to find the grass unless you keep up with them and it's
too much to let them just stay there.

Old 31-10-2010, 08:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Oct 31, 6:50*am, "cshenk" wrote:
"Higgs Boson" wrote

Sure gets quiet around here come October.

Here we are ready for the onslaught of the leaves. *Over the next 2-3 weeks
you won't be able to find the grass unless you keep up with them and it's
too much to let them just stay there.

We have mayhem in progress on my street. Some godawful Norway
somethings,
some kinda evergreen, is the biggest PITA! When it's not dropping
snowdrifts of needles
that cover the plantings, it's dropping sharp seeds that hurt the feet
of dogs being walked,
or it's dropping sap that makes love to your car finish.

Can't wait for this session to end!

Persephone