Old 01-05-2003, 04:08 AM
Steve Touchstone

Default Craftsman 4-in-1 Plus Yard Vacuum

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 13:55:08 GMT, "Shepherd"
wrote:

I spent a great deal of time and labor last year raking up and discarding
many bushels of leaves and acorns from my four large oak trees.

I have since seen ads for the above machine and it sounds just like it was
made to help me get rid of the leaves and acorns from under my trees.

Have any of you had any experience with this machine? If so, what is your
opinion of it?

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shepherd

It depends on what you expect from the machine. I have one, and have
found that if you wait too long and have a lot of leaves the vacuum
will just push the leaves in front. It helps some if you raise the
wheels all the way and pull it backwards instead of trying to go
forward. Also, if the leaves are wet you can just about forget it. The
chipper is only good for small straight limbs, as the feeding chute is
fairly small. I've found that the best thing about the machine is the
blower. It has lots more power than a hand-held model, and you can
blow your leaves into one area to pick them up.
--
Steve Touchstone
email

[IMG] code is On

Craftsman Vacuum, shredder bagger 3.5 hp james North Carolina 0 20-11-2004 02:54 PM
Swimming Pool Vacuum Dan Ponds 2 17-06-2003 01:20 PM
Pond vacuum/ no electriciry needed Jan Ponds 7 16-05-2003 04:56 PM
vacuum cleaner for water (like sludge )reservoir Neonel Ponds 3 07-05-2003 05:20 AM
Leaf Vacuum Larry Wade Gardening 0 31-01-2003 09:10 PM