Old 23-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Registered User

Default Is Growmore burning my plants?

About two weeks ago I carried out a spring fertilizing with growmore, and today I see some plants struggling. As for my hydranger, about two feet tall now, its new shoots are turning black and melting down. My thymes are turning black. My lavendars look dead, with no shoots but just stems brown inside out. But there are other plants doing fine. I was trying to figure out what is going on and realized that I gave too much growmore.

To hydranger and lavendars I gave a fistful and piled it up mostly around the center of the plant. To thyme I gave much less but poured it right in the center. Is this too much? Then can you tell me what is the right amount?

Thank you very much.
Old 24-03-2011, 04:56 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
jineu21 wrote:

About two weeks ago I carried out a spring fertilizing with growmore,
and today I see some plants struggling. As for my hydranger, about two
feet tall now, its new shoots are turning black and melting down. My
thymes are turning black. My lavendars look dead, with no shoots but
just stems brown inside out. But there are other plants doing fine. I
was trying to figure out what is going on and realized that I gave too
much growmore.

To hydranger and lavendars I gave a fistful and piled it up mostly
around the center of the plant. To thyme I gave much less but poured it
right in the center. Is this too much? Then can you tell me what is the
right amount?

Thank you very much.

Use about half the amount that you will find in the directions. Chemical
fertilizers may be OK for pots, but overall, I'd suggest organic fish
emulsion, or horse manure.
--
- Billy
Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.

[IMG] code is On

Growmore - how much per plant? Jasbird United Kingdom 5 16-04-2011 11:53 AM
growmore Muddymike United Kingdom 2 20-03-2010 10:51 PM
Growmore on lawns? John L United Kingdom 4 19-03-2010 10:07 PM
Growmore, I don't want to get this wrong Marq United Kingdom 9 06-03-2010 06:19 PM
Growmore - how much per plant? Jasbird Edible Gardening 4 08-05-2006 10:55 PM