Old 02-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Registered User

Default What type of tree is this

Hello Can you tell me what type of tree this is in the picture is below
Distinctive feature are these round hard balls/shells growing on the branches fall on the floor. I thought it was a pine tree but not sure

Many thanks in advance
Old 02-05-2011, 03:32 PM posted to rec.gardens

Looks like cypress, Arizona Cypress, maybe?

"gardenquestions" wrote in
message ...

Hello Can you tell me what type of tree this is in the picture is below
Distinctive feature are these round hard balls/shells growing on the
branches fall on the floor. I thought it was a pine tree but not sure

[image: http://i54.tinypic.com/sb7zb6.jpg]

[image: http://i55.tinypic.com/106zw2c.jpg]

Many thanks in advance

--
gardenquestions

Old 02-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Registered User

Thanks for replying i looked up on google images for cypress, Arizona Cypress, But they seem very different i have taken another picture for you to get a better idea Mnay thanks Look forward for any answers
Old 02-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenquestions View Post

Old 03-05-2011, 03:18 PM posted to rec.gardens

"gardenquestions" wrote in
message ...

[image: http://i56.tinypic.com/293bwh4.jpg]

--
gardenquestions

Sorry, doesn't help, but, appears an English site. Perhaps a continental
cypress of some nature.