Old 17-05-2011, 04:05 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Hen & chicks?

I live in the Denver area and a neighbor has a hen & chicks around his
mailbox that is thriving, but I tried one and managed to kill it because it
was getting water from the sprinkler system, even though I put it outside the
pattern.

We have a slop that the sprinkler doesn't cover though, but it does get snow
in the winter. Will they be ok there? ( full sun )

Can they spread out to large areas?

Old 17-05-2011, 10:11 PM posted to rec.gardens

Jane_Galt wrote:

I live in the Denver area and a neighbor has a hen & chicks around his
mailbox that is thriving, but I tried one and managed to kill it because it
was getting water from the sprinkler system, even though I put it outside the
pattern.

too many ways to kill a plant,
so i can't say what happened to
that one.

ours get watered and rained on
quite a bit and are in constantly
moist soil and they do ok. not the
best as those that we have higher in
planters and brick hollows, but we
don't have any shortage either. the
biggest trouble we have with them is
that the deer eat them in the winter.
we have to keep ours from getting
overgrown by weeds if we put them
anywhere near ground level.

We have a slop that the sprinkler doesn't cover though, but it does get snow
in the winter. Will they be ok there? ( full sun )

should be ok.

Can they spread out to large areas?

yes, speed it up by dividing them.
water them in after planting and then