Old 04-06-2011, 11:25 PM
BobWalsh's Avatar
Registered User

Location: Chicago
Default Plumeria Flowers Have Different Faces

One plumeria plant offers different "faces" depending on where and how it's grown.

Colors of plumeria flowers depend on temperature, humidity, cloud cover, sunlight and grow lights.

The first picture is of Plumeria 'Lurline' blooming indoors under plant lights on May 3, 2011.

It's very interesting how Plumeria 'Lurline' changed its colors when growing outside under overcast skies with diffused sunlight and humid conditions as the following picture, taken on June 3, 2011, shows.

__________________
For information on growing Plumerias, Frangipani, visit http://www.BobWalshPlumeriaCare101.com.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:51 AM
Registered User

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobWalsh View Post
One plumeria plant offers different "faces" depending on where and how it's grown.

Colors of plumeria flowers depend on temperature, humidity, cloud cover, sunlight and grow lights.

The first picture is of Plumeria 'Lurline' blooming indoors under plant lights on May 3, 2011.

It's very interesting how Plumeria 'Lurline' changed its colors when growing outside under overcast skies with diffused sunlight and humid conditions as the following picture, taken on June 3, 2011, shows.

Good morning! You are talking about one of my favorite subjects!!! A friend gave me 3 "sticks" and I now have lost count of how many I have shared with friends and strangers! I even found some on the side of the road on "garbage day". I am waiting for them to bloom this year so I will know what colors I have. Until I read this page, I never knew one could grow them in the house. I do bring them in during a hard freeze after cutting them from the parent plant. I put them under the bed until spring, then plant them. If they still have leaves, I plant them into a large container. They do quite well that way and then I have many plants to add to my collection. What special needs do they have if I choose to keep some of them inside? I look forward to hearing from all of you lovers of plumarrias. God bless you all!
Old 07-06-2011, 03:34 PM
BobWalsh's Avatar
Registered User

Location: Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlene View Post
Good morning! You are talking about one of my favorite subjects!!! A friend gave me 3 "sticks" and I now have lost count of how many I have shared with friends and strangers! I even found some on the side of the road on "garbage day". I am waiting for them to bloom this year so I will know what colors I have. Until I read this page, I never knew one could grow them in the house. I do bring them in during a hard freeze after cutting them from the parent plant. I put them under the bed until spring, then plant them. If they still have leaves, I plant them into a large container. They do quite well that way and then I have many plants to add to my collection. What special needs do they have if I choose to keep some of them inside? I look forward to hearing from all of you lovers of plumarrias. God bless you all!
Hi Earline,

It's great to meet you.

I'm so happy you love plumerias as well. As long as your plumeria plants aren't too big and fit under plant lights, they do very well under these lights.
If they get too big, you can always take cuttings.

Indoors they need good light (grow lights), good airflow and humidity and the correct fertilizer.

Seedling of Plumeria 'Celadine'

Bob
For information on growing Plumerias, Frangipani, visit http://www.BobWalshPlumeriaCare101.com.