Old 09-07-2011, 08:24 AM
Registered User

Default What type of conifer is this? Photo attached...

Does anyone know what type of conifer this is?

It's in a pot, currently about 3m high.

I'm trying to figure out what type it is, and how big (tall/wide) it will grow, so I can plan where to plant it...

Thanks!

Kay
Attached Thumbnails
What type of conifer is this?  Photo attached...-conifer.jpg
Old 09-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbt_100 View Post
Does anyone know what type of conifer this is?

It's in a pot, currently about 3m high.

I'm trying to figure out what type it is, and how big (tall/wide) it will grow, so I can plan where to plant it...

Thanks!

Kay
Hi Kay, from the picture, which isnt totally clear, I would say it was a Chamaecyparis lawsoniana (Lawsons Cypress) Before C. leyandii took over as the main screening conifer, these were widely planted but there was one draw back, they were grown from seed, which meant you had alot of variation in type. The reason that I'm telling you this is so that you understand that it could be tall and thin, wide, slightly weeping but that aside, it will grow quite large at a rate of 60cm. a year. It lends itself to being trimmed but only as far back as the green shoots and will not readily shoot from bare wood.
Lannerman