Old 11-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Registered User

If every product design student had to design and make a completely new useful product using resources from a secondary school workshop and a budget of about £20 the subject would be almost impossible.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:30 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default a level product design questionnaire

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
"Kaiser fuel" wrote in
message ...

right for everyone who doesn't understand.

Solar panels power a pump which draws water from a water butt (rain
storage device) and then uses that to water the plants via a drip
feed or sprinkler system. the pump will also have a timer attached
so you can set it to water at certain points during the day.

I have already mentioned mentioned that your 'solar powered watering
system' might be a solar pump on a dam but that since such things
already existed and thus weren't new or unusual, there was little
point in responding.
If you insert "water butt" where I used the word "dam", then my
response would stand. These systems already exist so there is no
product to develop but you could faff a bit round the edges but then
most gardeners do that anyway.

My understanding of water butt is a small tank say 200 - 500 litres so the
power would not need to be as much as for a 5 megalitre dam.

Indeed. I don't know why anyone would want any form of pump for a water
butt. It's too small to be more than a token and given how fast I empty the
overflow plastic garbage bins I have beside my 500 gall tank on my side
verandah, a watering can does the job admirably.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Registered User

Angry

If every product design student had to make a completely new useful product using resources from a secondary school workshop and a budget of about £20 the subject would be almost impossible. The product that i am making is not that widely available and existing ones have problems so there is a product to develop.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:22 PM posted to rec.gardens

snips

wrote:
If every product design student had to make a completely new useful
product using resources from a secondary school workshop and a budget of
about £20 the subject would be almost impossible. The product that i am
making is not that widely available and existing ones have problems so
there is a product to develop.

Can you please clearly describe your proposed product ?
After all this discussion - I still have no idea what you are
selling ... sorry if I'm missing something.
John T.

Old 13-10-2011, 05:23 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Kaiser fuel wrote:

FarmI;939281 Wrote:
[...]

As we would say on this side of the pond,"Put up, or shut up";O)
--
- Billy
Both the House and Senate budget plan would have cut Social Security and Medicare, while cutting taxes on the wealthy.

Kucinich noted that none of the government programs targeted for
elimination or severe cutback in House Republican spending plans
"appeared on the GAO's list of government programs at high risk of
waste, fraud and abuse."
http://www.politifact.com/ohio/state...is-kucinich/re
p-dennis-kucinich-says-gop-budget-cuts-dont-targ/

[W]e have the situation with the deficit and the debt and spending and jobs. And itıs not that difficult to get out of it. The first thing you do is you get rid of corporate welfare. Thatıs hundreds of billions of dollars a year. The second is you tax corporations so that they donıt get away with no taxation.
- Ralph Nader
http://www.democracynow.org/2011/7/19/ralph_naders_solution_to_debt_crisis
Old 13-10-2011, 08:10 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser fuel View Post
This is just a quick questionnaire about a solar powered watering system i am hoping to make. please just write your answers in posts. thank you for your time.

1. Would you consider purchasing a solar powered watering system for the garden?

Yes

2. What size is your garden?

15m2+

3. How often do you water the garden?

Everyday

4. Would you like the system to be modular (you can add on extra parts when you need to)?

Yes

5. How much would you be willing to pay for the product?

£31-40

6. Would you like it to blend in with the garden or stand out?

Blend in

7. Would you like the system to water automatically at certain times of the day?

Yes
Manually its ok.
8. How old are you?

21-30
here comes my rapid fire answers...
Old 13-10-2011, 05:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 10/12/2011 9:35 AM, Kaiser fuel wrote:
FarmI;939281 Wrote:
[...]

If you are in secondary school, then you may have misunderstood the
audience here. Most here have real knowledge and experience with
drippers and irrigation.

As far as solar powered pumps, there is little reason not to use mains
power when it is available, the cost of the solar panels and pumps that
start with little current weighs heavily against it.

So you have a niche market, somewhere with no power, and yet often
enough rain that your small cistern wouldn't run out.

JEFF

Old 07-11-2011, 09:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

samson smith wrote:
Kaiser fuel;939074 Wrote:
This is just a quick questionnaire about a solar powered watering
system i am hoping to make. please just write your answers in posts.
thank you for your time.

1. Would you consider purchasing a solar powered watering system for
the garden?

Yes No

2. What size is your garden?

4m2 5m2-10m2 11m2-15m2 15m2+

3. How often do you water the garden?

Everyday Every other day Twice a week

Once a week Never

4. Would you like the system to be modular (you can add on extra
parts when you need to)?

Yes No

5. How much would you be willing to pay for the product?

£20-30 £31-40 £41-50 £50+

6. Would you like it to blend in with the garden or stand out?

Blend in Stand out

7. Would you like the system to water automatically at certain times
of the day?

Yes No

8. How old are you?

20 21-30 31-40 41-60 61-70 70+

Wow!! very nice questions about the design of product. These questions
are very necessary when you are looking for product design.

Are you joking or a sock puppet? Every question needs improvement, in some
cases major improvement.