Old 28-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Grub's Avatar
Registered User

Question Bluebell from seed

I've just got hold of some English Bluebell seeds but need some advice on growing them. There are instructions but they seem quite complex involving moving here and there depending on the the current conditions and temperature until finally planting out. I just wondered if someone could just simplify what needs to be done, how and when etc

Many thanks
Old 30-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Registered User

[quote=Grub;942714]I've just got hold of some English Bluebell seeds but need some advice on growing them. There are instructions but they seem quite complex involving moving here and there depending on the the current conditions and temperature until finally planting out. I just wondered if someone could just simplify what needs to be done, how and when etc

Bluebells need a period of chilling in order to germinate (as do many UK wildflowers) so try sowing some in a pot outside, or in a coldframe, and they should germinate in spring.

Even with ideal conditions, germination may take several months. It will be vexing - by the time they sprout, you'll probably be asking youself what on earth it was you put in that pot.

[IMG] code is On

Bluebell rescue! Mike Lyle United Kingdom 6 15-04-2005 07:15 PM
English Bluebell seeds for swaps Mark Allison United Kingdom 0 25-06-2003 08:28 PM
English Bluebell seeds for swaps Mark Allison United Kingdom 0 23-06-2003 09:44 PM
Bluebell seeds Charlie United Kingdom 40 19-06-2003 06:32 PM
Bluebell seeds for swaps Mark Allison United Kingdom 2 25-05-2003 09:44 AM