Old 04-03-2012, 10:04 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default plants poking skyward

gradually spring is coming along.
i'm glad to have the longer days and
some attempts at warmth. took a
short walk around the gardens and
checked 'em out to see what might be
starting to show.

some daffodils, crocus, iris, and
plenty of tulips, the race is on.

temperatures have been all over the
place, a little snow yesterday, today
some sunshine, but still chilly then
warming up later this week. all this
freeze thaw cycling is playing fun with
quite a few plants. a few weeks of
sunshine and warmth will work magic and
they shall be healed.

a few days ago we had four inches of
snow on the ground and all was white.
then the rains came and now the ditches
and fields are full of soggyness and
running off. unlikely to be a big
flooding spring with all the snow already
gone, but we'll see how that goes.
seems that nature always can pull a few
surprises right when you think you've
seen it all.

what is your favorite first of spring?

songbird
Old 05-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Seeds of Love's Avatar
Registered User

Location: in the Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird[_2_] View Post
[...]

Wow, beautiful reading!

I love the spring. the first signs of blossom on my cherry tree, the fresh green leaves. Also the birds making sweet music together in the trees.That is a real massive turn on. Spring is a very horny season, I think you will all agree. My potting shed is a busy place in the spring - I love planting my seed.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
mj mj is offline

On Mar 4, 5:04*pm, songbird wrote:
[...]

Growing up in upstate New York it was always the crocus, then the
daffodils. Living in North Carolina for over 20 years, it is the
Jasmine because that tells me the Bradford's are not far behind.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Banned

Location: Orpington

Brings a tear do the eye, that. I love spring and I'd probably rate it as my third or fourth favourite season.

The sun is out,
And so is the clout,
I cannot wait,
For my buds to sprout.

Spring is upon us,
Let the good flowers grow,
But it's Time 4 A Pint,
And I have to go.

Ian.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:45 PM
AlansMarshTits's Avatar
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oopsy Daisy View Post
Brings a tear do the eye, that. I love spring and I'd probably rate it as my third or fourth favourite season.

The sun is out,
And so is the clout,
I cannot wait,
For my buds to sprout.

Spring is upon us,
Let the good flowers grow,
But it's Time 4 A Pint,
And I have to go.

Ian.
High time we made a stand & shook up the views of the common man
And the love train rides from coast to coast
DJ's the man we love the most
Could you be, could you be squeaky clean
And smash any hope of democracy
As the headline says you're free to choose
There's egg on your face and mud on your shoes
One of these days they're gonna call in the ruse, yeah

(Sowing the seeds of love) anything is possible
(Seeds of love) when you're sowing the seeds of love
(Sowing the seeds of love)
(Sowing the seeds of love) anything is possible
(Seeds of love) sowing the seeds of love (Sowing the seeds)

I spy tears in their eyes
They look to the skies for some kind of divine intervention
Food goes to waste, so nice to eat, so nice to taste
Politician Granny with your high ideals
Have you no idea how the majority feels
So without love and a promised land
We're fools to the rules of a government plan
Kick out the style, bring back the jam

(Sowing the seeds of love) anything (seeds of love)
(Sowing the seeds of love) (Sowing the seeds of love, seeds of love)
Sowing the seeds, the birds and the bees, my girlfriend and me in love

Feel the pain, talk about it, if you're a worried man then shout about it
Open hearts, feel about it, open minds, think about it
Everyone read about it, everyone scream about it
Everyone (everyone, yeah yeah)
Everyone (everyone) read about it, read about it
Read it in the books in the crannies
And the nooks there are books to read...Chorus!!!

(Sowing the seeds of love) Oh, the seeds of love
We're sowing the seeds, sowing the seeds

We're sowing the seeds of love. we're sowing the seeds
Sowing the seeds of love, we're sowing the seeds of love
(Mr. England sowing the seeds of love)

(Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes)
Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes
High time we made a stand (time to eat all your words)
And shook up the views of the common man (swallow your pride)
And the love train rides from coast to coast (open your eyes)
Every minute of every hour "I Love a Sunflower" (open your eyes)
And I believe in love power (open your eyes)
Love power, love (open your eyes) power

(Sowing the seeds of love, seeds of love…Sowing the seeds of love)
(Sowing the seeds of love, seeds of love)
We're sowing the seeds (sowing the seeds of love)
Sowing the seeds of love, we're sowing the seeds (seeds of love)
Sowing the seeds, an end to need, and the politics of greed with love
(Sowing the seeds of love, seeds of love, sowing the seeds of love)
(Sowing the seeds of love) anything (seeds of love) anything
(Sowing the seeds of love, Sowing the seeds of love, seeds of love)
(Sowing the seeds, an end to need, and the politics of greed with love)
(Sowing the seeds of love, seeds of love, sowing the seeds of love)
(Sowing the seeds of love, seeds of love, sowing the seeds of love)
(Sowing the seeds of love, seeds of love, sowing the seeds of love)
(Sowing the seeds of love, seeds of love)

I like spring too as everything seems to point skywards

UTMP