Old 18-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Registered User

Default Trailing geraniums

I planted 40 trailing geraniums in my window boxes yesterday. I am gutted today to find that nine of them have been snapped off and there is no sign of the snapped off parts. Has any one got an explanation for this please? Could it be some sort of vermin/bird
Old 18-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Registered User

Location: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggles View Post
I planted 40 trailing geraniums in my window boxes yesterday. I am gutted today to find that nine of them have been snapped off and there is no sign of the snapped off parts. Has any one got an explanation for this please? Could it be some sort of vermin/bird
I bought some Trailing Geraniums this year which have put on a beautiful display in one of my hayracks. The growers notes stated I was not allowed to take cuttings of them. So I am now left wondering if I can overwinter them. I dont have a greenhouse or a particularly suitable windowsill.

Can I (for example) wrap the whole basket in fleece? it is sort of sheltered against a West facing wall of my house. Any advice appreciated.
Fruit Trees

[IMG] code is On

How many Trailing geraniums in a 30 or 35cm basket JayneB Gardening 5 10-06-2011 07:02 PM
Trailing Geraniums what compost? Draven United Kingdom 2 31-03-2007 09:33 AM
Wall trailing plants? paddytt United Kingdom 1 12-10-2003 10:42 PM
Trailing fushia Seven United Kingdom 8 09-10-2003 08:23 PM
I found what my unknown trailing plant was!!! [email protected] Gardening 0 01-06-2003 11:20 PM