Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-08-2012, 12:15 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.people.silversurfers

Default Progression from garden fence

Young couple moved into rented house next door a few months ago and they are
friendly and we chat to them over the garden fence, now and again.

They decided they are getting married in a couple of weeks, and have invited
us to a wedding reception a nearby local venue, in the evening after the
wedding.

We are in our seventies and wont really fit into their young crowd who are
into drinking quite a lot. Also we won't know anyone apart from the couple.
In a way we would prefer not to go, but dot want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Also the question of a gift? Finances are not good for us at the moment so
won't want to spend a lot. What might be a good thing to get that's not
expensive?