Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-08-2012, 10:52 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default need tomato advice

Hi All,

In my little organic garden, I have three cherry tomato plants:
a sun gold, a sweet 100, and a black. I have one Cherokee
Purple tomato plant.

The sun gold and sweet 100 I have been getting about five tomatoes
a week.

I have only got one from the black (although I now have
about 10 green one).

The Cherokee Purple has only given me flowers. They turn
black on fall off.

This past two weeks, nothing has ripened.

Daytime temperatures are about 90F; night time about 52F.

Oh, and the plants themselves are growing very nicely. They
range from about 4 to 5 feet tall. They are fertilized only with
organic compost:
http://www.fullcirclecompost.com/SoilEssenceEliteN.php

What am I doing wrong? (I have to keep things organic.)

Many thanks,
-T