Old 04-05-2003, 10:44 PM
BattleWagon

Default applying GRUBEX

My lawn looks terrible. Suspect grubs.
Could someone tell me when is the best time to apply the grubex in NW Pa.

The instructions say from April to mid August but the best time is right before the eggs hatch, have no clue when that would be.

any help appreciated.

thanks,
battle
Old 05-05-2003, 12:20 PM
Pat Kiewicz

BattleWagon said:

My lawn looks terrible. Suspect grubs.
Could someone tell me when is the best time to apply the grubex in NW =
Pa.

The instructions say from April to mid August but the best time is right
before the eggs hatch, have no clue when that would be.

Per MSU IPM landscape CAT (April 18):

"In order to avoid the same problem next year, treat lawns with Bayer Advanced
Lawn Season-Long Grub Control or GrubEx (imidacloprid) in July. Note: these two
products will not work on large grubs that are present at this time (or next fall), but
they are excellent for control of the young grubs present in late July and early
August."

NW PA would not be too much different than southern Michigan, I think.
Mid-July would likely do for you.

I you can afford to provide enough supplemental water to keep the grass
actively growing all summer, you can keep it ahead of the feeding grubs.
Summer-dormant lawns take heavy damage from grubs.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)

Old 06-05-2003, 02:20 AM
Beecrofter

"BattleWagon" wrote in message et...
My lawn looks terrible. Suspect grubs.
Could someone tell me when is the best time to apply the grubex in NW
Pa.

The instructions say from April to mid August but the best time is right
before the eggs hatch, have no clue when that would be.

any help appreciated.

thanks,
battle
--

AFTER you determine that the problem is grubs and you have reached
what is considered an action leval for their control.

Cut out a section of affected sod and 6-8" of soil below and sift
through it for grubs. 10-12/sq ft means you need a grub control.

What's the soli pH there?

[IMG] code is On

GRUBEX ©anadian Ponder Lawns 5 29-04-2007 02:32 PM
applying Halts Crabgrass Preventer FH Lawns 5 03-07-2004 05:02 PM
applying Halts Crabgrass Preventer FH Lawns 0 06-03-2004 08:21 PM
applying Halts Crabgrass Preventer FH Lawns 0 06-03-2004 08:02 PM
Applying mortar over the liner? Kevin Carbis Ponds 5 17-06-2003 07:43 PM