Old 31-08-2012, 07:46 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default The bees are back ...

Now that the sedum are blooming, we're seeing genuine honeybees for the
first time since last fall.

Through the spring and summer, we've seen lots of ersatz pollinators on
all the rest of the plants, but no honeybees on anything.

And, now that the honeybees are on the sedum, they're on nothing else.

Considering how late in the season the sedum blooms, and how soon winter
will be upon us up here, that's a mighty narrow specialization.

--
St. Paul, MN
Old 01-09-2012, 05:58 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Bert wrote:

Now that the sedum are blooming, we're seeing genuine honeybees for the
first time since last fall.

Through the spring and summer, we've seen lots of ersatz pollinators on
all the rest of the plants, but no honeybees on anything.

And, now that the honeybees are on the sedum, they're on nothing else.

Considering how late in the season the sedum blooms, and how soon winter
will be upon us up here, that's a mighty narrow specialization.

Try some sage.

--
Welcome to the New America.
or