Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2013, 05:01 PM posted to alt.home.repair,ba.gardens,rec.gardens

Default Ideas for removing sharp thorns on sidewalk lemon trees

My sister recently bought a house in the Silicon Valley that
just happens to have a set of thorny lemon trees near the sidewalk:

This weekend, I knocked off all the thorns that I could:

But, I wonder if we should just transplant the lemon trees to her back
yard and replace with something more amenable to sidewalk traffic.

Two questions:
1. Do you think these lemon trees will survive transplantation?
2. What inexpensive decorative alternative would you replace it with?