Old 27-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Registered User

Default Looking for best/fastest creeper/vine for a time lapse music video idea

Hi there gardeners!

I had an idea for a music video that's about nature reclaiming the earth. Basically it involves seeing a big city being taken over by enormous plants that shoot out of the ground and cover and curl round everything man has made until there's no evidence he ever existed at all.

Now I was thinking that this would have to all be CGI, and maybe it still will, but I was wondering if this effect could be realised in real time; Would it be possible to plant the right kinds of seeds amongst small models of city locations to achieve an effect like this?

Ideally I want it to look the way Angor Wat and the other temples in Cambodia do (see attached picture). As if man himself has long gone and the skyline just consists of dilapdated half-leaning skyscrapers with patches of rust and moss covering everything.

I know it would probably take months and months and a lot of trial and error but I just know that if it could be done right it would look absolutely spectacular!

So, is it at all doable? Although I'm sure it's obvious I just want to make clear that I know very little about gardening!

Thanks,
Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for best/fastest creeper/vine for a time lapse music video idea-angkor_wat_temple_complex__ta_prohm.jpg
Old 03-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Registered User

Old 03-06-2013, 04:09 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Monday, June 3, 2013 6:14:17 AM UTC-4, robsonthomson wrote:

robsonthomson

try hops, they can grow up to a foot or so in 24 hours.