Old 10-07-2013, 07:05 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default mowing style, cukes

There are some cukes forming, first year I have had any. I planted them in a
different spot, where the zucchini plant from hell was last year that grew
to 30 yards before I had hack it back. I wonder if there is a body buried
there or something?

Found another 'mato half eaten. Damn squirrels. At least I finished the
lawn. It was getting tall. And with all the rain did not have a chance last
week, actually it is thundering now and likely go to storm again.... I use a
modified zamboni when mowing, not sure it is the most efficient way, but
gets er done.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:43 PM posted to rec.gardens

Gus wrote:
There are some cukes forming, first year I have had any. I planted
them in a different spot, where the zucchini plant from hell was last
year that grew to 30 yards before I had hack it back. I wonder if
there is a body buried there or something?

Found another 'mato half eaten. Damn squirrels. At least I finished
the lawn. It was getting tall. And with all the rain did not have a
chance last week, actually it is thundering now and likely go to
storm again.... I use a modified zamboni when mowing, not sure it is
the most efficient way, but gets er done.

On one tomato plant I've got this gigantic tomato on it as big as my hand
and still growing. I don't want to share that one with birds, squirrels or
any other varment so I keep hiding it with a plastic bad so nothing can
actually get to it, let alone see it! So far so good! I check it every day
to make sure it's still hidden, too! LOL Thus far it hasn't shown any signs
of turning red, and I'm determined not to pull it until it does.

I pulled up my shallots over the weekend and they are pretty darn good for
the first time I've ever grown them, and also pulled 5 large white sweet
onions that are beautiful considering I left them in the ground for a 2nd
year w/o meaning to do that. I've got cucumbers coming in now about 4 or 5
every 2 or 3 days now. I think I'll be making cucumbers and vinegar
refrigerator pickles either this evening or tomorrow. My family practically
grab them up by the handful when I offer to share those with them! LOL

--
Natural Girl //(**)\\