Old 26-11-2013, 09:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Winter gardening

I am not a total newbie to gardening, having had gardens for many years
in southern Louisiana. Nice place to garden, usual problems with bugs,
sometimes you had to water, but most of the time not, and occasional
fire ant attacks.

Now I am in southern Utah, 5A zone, depending on which book you look at,
time of day, barometric pressure, and publisher. But it varies only one
zone either way.

We are going to attack gardening this spring, going with trellises for
some things, and going to my experienced way of tomato gardening, using
tie-offs instead of letting them become tumbleweed size bushes, as
dictated by Staff Sgt. SWMBO. Got a ton of tomatos, tho, and the bushes
got so big, our grandkids used them for forts. Still have one dog missing.

Going to buy several tons of compost from our local landfill. They have
special piles they put all organic material in, shred it, mix it, and
toss it for three or four months, letting it sit there and steam away.
Pretty good stuff, and our garden will be sufficiently deep in good dirt
in the right areas. Have sufficient area to plant directly in blowsand
for those plants.

Anyway, what are winter gardening items for a 5A zone? Can anyone
provide me with a list, or a good site?

Steve

And yes, my google works, I just like to hear from people who BTDT, and
the warmth of human kindness.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:02 AM
rattanart's Avatar
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB[_12_] View Post

Anyway, what are winter gardening items for a 5A zone? Can anyone
provide me with a list, or a good site?

Steve

And yes, my google works, I just like to hear from people who BTDT, and
the warmth of human kindness.
You can buy some flower pots on Designs on Demand | Create your own Flower Pot | Products you can create your own flower pot with flower pot creator and they will deliver it too you.

Stuff from this website are made from Technorattan - material is immune to all weather conditions like snow and cold temperature, so if you want something that will survive the winter, this will be best chooice.