Old 22-07-2014, 12:59 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Tiny "old" potatoes

On 22/07/2014 4:45 AM, Drew Lawson wrote:
In article
Todd writes:
On 07/21/2014 01:04 AM, Fran Farmer wrote:
On 20/07/2014 6:21 PM, Todd wrote:
On 07/19/2014 03:28 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
I bought some of those delicious tiny potatoes. Put them in veg bin
along with other potatoes -- small red. Went to nuke tinies today.
SPROUTING! If they're babies, why are they prematurely geriatric.

I always loved to see them sprout. Means they truly were organic.

No, sprouting does not mean that they are organic.

True. Just means they were not sprayed with anti-sprouting
agents. Also means they are still alive. And,
conventional producers usually spray their stuff.

It's been several years since I've gone through potatoes quickly.
Every bag of supermarket russets that I've bought in that time
(typically each Thanksgiving) has sprouted and started to grow.

:-)) Yep. That is what spuds always do. When I was a kid, we always
got a hessian bag full of spuds from the family farm (that's a burlap
sack full in USian) where they were produced commercially. It took a
fair while to fang our way through them so by the time we got to the
bottom of the bag, the spuds were always sprouting; sometimes out
through the hessian.

Old 22-07-2014, 03:05 AM posted to rec.gardens

Todd writes:
[...]

Hi Fran,

Just a trivia question, did your family
sort your potatoes by size or just ship