Old 18-10-2014, 05:13 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default OT; RF headphones

On Thursday, October 9, 2014 6:25:45 PM UTC-7, Hypatia Nachshon wrote:
On Thursday, October 9, 2014 2:44:09 AM UTC-7, josephkk wrote:

On Fri, 3 Oct 2014 12:57:43 -0700 (PDT), Hypatia Nachshon

wrote:

Esteemed fellow gardeners, may I solicit your input on unrelated Subject?

I am shopping for Sennheiser RF headphones to listen to TV (never mind multiple reasons!)

This ad on Amazon for RS 120 headphones is confusing:

"Sennheiser Urbanite

The new Urbanite headphones deliver intense club sound, serving up solid bass with Sennheiser's uncompromising clarity through the entire frequency range. Available in on-ear and over-ear versions in a variety of colors to suit your style. Shop now"

What does "deliver club sound" means and what does "solid bass" mean?

As I am a card-carrying female, genetically programmed to prefer more treble and less bass,

I hesitate to leap before getting advice Messages on a hi-fi group are not getting replies; TV is not "hi" fi enough for them..g

Your input appreciated.

HB

Sennheiser of old was not all that noted for lots of bass, but very high

quality reproduction. Comparing models found, the RS110 may be a better

fit for your stated needs.

?-)

I had purchased RF headphones by SONY from Best Buy. They simply did not work.

When I returned them, the salesman said many were being retured. Just NG..

That's why I opted to go for Sennheiser, despite price differential - based on old reputation. Didn't know it had changed?? Or had it?

So now, OMG on steroids! You think RS110!

I ordered the RD 170 USED supposed to be LIKE NEW. When it comes, I will have to see what the bass is like. At this point I'm almost ready to look for an old TV that still has a port for headphones. Mine is maybe 6 years old, and already then they weren't making them. I failed to notice when buyingTV.

WHY did they stop making TVs w/port for headphones???

HB

Good news, sorta. The RS 170 (used) arrived looking brand new. A small part was missing, we we bought it at Radio Shack and Amazon/whoever promptly credited the amount to my account.

My genius son who happened to be visiting quickly diagnosed that the Panasonic Viera TV did not HAVE a ****ing output! It only has INPUTS from every gadget on earth.

So genius arranged output from the DVD player. At least there I can get decent sound for my lousy hearing.

Now we have to figure out how to hook up the OTA antenna to the (wonderful old
Harmon Kardon stereo) that used to give me good TV sound via a hookup from a neighbor who has since moved. The HK has so many outputs that there's gotta me one that I can plug the headphones into.

Stay tuned g

HB