Old 09-10-2014, 09:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default "Agent Orange" -- EPA & USDA in bed with Dow

Yum Yum! Our food animals raised (tortured) on factory farms will now dine on crops poisoned by a deadly new herbicide APPROVED by our government "guardians".

Just in from Organic Consumers Association
organicconsumers.org

"BREAKING: EPA Approves 'Agent Orange' Deadly Duo Poison. Take the Factory Farm Free Pledge!

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, ignoring more than 60 members of Congress and a half a million citizens, late yesterday approved a deadly new herbicide, Dow's Enlist Duo, made from a combination of Monsanto's Roundup and Dow's "Agent Orange" 2,4-D.

The new herbicide will be used on Dow's newly approved corn and soy crops, engineered to withstand massive doses of the new "Deadly Duo" herbicide.

****Where will the vast percentage of these new crops go? To feed animals on factory farms.****

Take Action: Take the Factory Farm Free Friday Pledge!

Better yet? Pledge to boycott factory farms forever!

With yesterday's approval of Dow's Enlist crops and Deadly Duo herbicide, the EPA, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which also signed off on the crops, have signaled that they have no intention of ending the rampant escalation of the use of*** increasingly toxic poisons by industrial agriculture.****

The only way we will stop them is by shutting down demand for GMO crops. That will take millions of consumers switching to organic, non-GMO food at the supermarket--and that means boycotting meat, eggs and dairy from factory farms.

Now, more than ever, it's time to fight back.

Take Action: Take the Factory Farm Free Friday Pledge!

- Katherine and Melinda for the OCA team"

This is SO scary. And it is a tough one for many consumers who, like moi, have not been eating ONLY organic meat, eggs, dairy - partly because of the price; partly because I'm never sure exactly what "organic" means.

We have 4 farmers markets here in town, so we have *some* assurance. But far from everybody has that kind of access. And most consumers are totally uninformed -- and unfortunately uninterested in how their meat, eggs, dairy got to the supermarket.

So maybe it's time to stop being passive victims and bombard our Congresswhores -- oops, representatives -- to demand they outlaw what the FDA/USDA-whores now permit their client, Dow, to feed the animal prisoners on factory farms.

(End agitated outburst)

HB

Old 13-10-2014, 02:55 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 10/9/2014 3:49 PM, Hypatia Nachshon wrote:
Yum Yum! Our food animals raised (tortured) on factory farms will
now dine on crops poisoned by a deadly new herbicide APPROVED by
our government "guardians".

Just in from Organic Consumers Association
organicconsumers.org

"BREAKING: EPA Approves 'Agent Orange' Deadly Duo Poison. Take the
Factory Farm Free Pledge!

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, ignoring more than 60
members of Congress and a half a million citizens, late yesterday
approved a deadly new herbicide, Dow's Enlist Duo, made from a
combination of Monsanto's Roundup and Dow's "Agent Orange" 2,4-D.

Agent Orange isn't 2,4-D. AO was a combination of 2,4,5-T and 2,4-D.
2,4,5-T is strong stuff, and making it far worse, the 2,4,5-T was
contaminated with a dioxin compound.

2,4-D is probably the most commonly used herbicide in the US since the
1940s. Anyone who's sprayed a commercial weedkiller on their lawn has
applied 2,4-D.

That's not to say that 2,4-D is completely harmless. But it is not
Agent Orange, and anyone who calls it such is either deliberately
lying or is too stupid to be a trusted source on health/chemical issues.

Old 29-10-2014, 01:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

This is SO scary. And it is a tough one for many consumers who, like moi, have not been eating ONLY organic meat, eggs, dairy - partly because of the price; partly because I'm never sure exactly what "organic" means.

We have 4 farmers markets here in town, so we have *some* assurance. But far from everybody has that kind of access. And most consumers are totally uninformed -- and unfortunately uninterested in how their meat, eggs, dairy got to the supermarket.

So maybe it's time to stop being passive victims and bombard our Congresswhores -- oops, representatives -- to demand they outlaw what the FDA/USDA-whores now permit their client, Dow, to feed the animal prisoners on factory farms.

(End agitated outburst)

HB

This represents one outcome of the Viet Nam era over production of agent
orange. It looks like they finally got tired of doing their jobs and
having to hear Dow's whining about having to store the stuff.

?-)