Old 28-02-2003, 03:03 PM
TOM KAN PA

Default What to do with lily question

OK, the Stargazer Lily plant has lost its blooms, and is dropping leaves. It
will be at least three months 'til I can plant it outside.
What should I do with it in the meanwhile?

Old 28-02-2003, 06:15 PM
Cereoid+10+

The problem was that the info in your reply was incorrect because you
assummed the plant was a true lily (Lilium) but it is not.

The so-called "Stargazer Lily" is actually Haemanthus in the Amaryllidaceae
and should be treated like an Amaryllis to grow and flower.

Valkyrie wrote in message
Pretty much what I said in reply to his first post with this question but,
too busy with a ****in match to have read legit answers.
Val
"animaux" wrote in message
On 28 Feb 2003 14:51:28 GMT, c (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

OK, the Stargazer Lily plant has lost its blooms, and is dropping

leaves.
It
will be at least three months 'til I can plant it outside.
What should I do with it in the meanwhile?

Allow it to dry out, remove spent blooms and wait till spring when you

can
plant
it. It may not flower again this season, but if kept healthy it will

give
you
years of blooms.

Let it rest for now. They force those into bloom in the greenhouse

industry and
that takes enormous energy for the plant to recover.