Old 10-05-2003, 05:20 PM
SKYWALKER

Default Lawn Care newbie

Hi,
I'm a new home owner and I have a question about lawn ca
- when I first got my house the lawn in the backyard had brown spots so
before doing anything I gave
it a good rake, cleaned the yard well and seeded the brown areas, and
applied a soil mixture that, according to the manufacturer has all what I
need to provide nutrition to the soil. (If anyone here from Canada, its
Super Soil from Loblaws). After about 2 weeks some of the brown areas grew
lawn but others didn't so I still have a patchy lawn. Any one knows why this
happens and how to repair it ?

Thanks,
AT

Old 18-05-2003, 02:08 AM
JMooreTS

After about 2 weeks some of the brown areas grew
lawn but others didn't so I still have a patchy lawn. Any one knows why this
happens and how to repair it ?

Sometimes lawn seed doesn't sprout (seed became dry after sowing) or sprouts
slowly (low temperatures). Re-sow the seed and see what happens.

If nothing comes up you might suspect that there is something toxic in spots.
Could be concentrations of salt? Or other chemicals?

[IMG] code is On

Garden Gnomes care about the environment? Obviously not! Take legal action against fishing groups, under the duty of care rule. Brian[_9_] United Kingdom 0 07-02-2007 08:01 PM
lawn care prices. sp500 Lawns 2 29-03-2003 02:32 PM
Great Lawn Care Web Sites? gilgantic Lawns 1 24-02-2003 08:59 AM
Year Around Lawn Care Tips? gilgantic Lawns 1 19-02-2003 10:10 PM
North Carolina Red Dirt Lawn Care gilgantic Lawns 1 03-02-2003 06:22 PM