Old 15-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Big Wave

Default Yellow Leaves on River Birch

I planted a small River Birch Tree in February. The tree was flourishing
with new green leaves in early Spring. Now the leaves are turning yellow and
falling off. Anyone no why? Am I over-watering? Not enough water? Do these
trees just do that? I live in upstate South Carolina.

Please advise.

Old 15-05-2003, 06:44 PM
Kevin

Yellow Leaves on River BirchI have planted two river birch trees and have had the same problem. It always seemed to happen when I was not watering enough. One time the tree lost all its leaves, but came back once I got on a regular watering schedule. Once both trees were in the ground for a few years this problem seemed to go away.