Old 18-05-2003, 11:08 PM
Phil Lederer

Default Help with Euonymus Japonicus

I need some information about the growing habits of this plant. An
incompetent kid who I hired to remove a dead specimen started taking
out my 16 year old mature specimen which had nice spread.

What I am left with is a plant with many thick stems near the root
that were cut and these stems have no vegetation. Many of these old
stems stretch laterally near the ground. Some of the main stems
remain with vegetation.

My question is: will there be growth from these old lower stems (and
thus should I leave them for the plant to reestablish its growth and
spread); or should I trim them off at the trunk and try to make some
sort of bonsai specimen with what I have left. (Or perhaps rip the
whole thing out.)

Thanks,

Phil Lederer
Rochester NY