Old 02-03-2003, 07:52 PM
Alan Romanchuck

Default Carolina Jasmine

I planted Carolina Jasmine 3 years ago in an effort to cover my pergola.
The vines have climbed nicely and I now have a very thick cover on the top
of the structure. Unfortunately, the area from the ground to the top is
thin and can be easily seen through. If I drastically cut back the top
area, will the side areas become fuller? Or am I destined to have a see
through area? If cutting back is the answer, when would be a good time and
how much should I cut?

Old 03-03-2003, 02:51 PM
animaux

Carolina jessamine (not jasmine) can develop new growth at the base, but you'd
be better off planting something at the base to cover it. This year I am going
to use dwarf yaupon holly at the base of my vines, particularly the evergreen
vines like Carolina jessamine.