Old 25-05-2003, 06:44 AM
Bill Ranseen

Default tadpoles

Every winter and early spring the frogs (Pacific Treefrogs) party
nightly around my rainbarrel and every summer it's full of tadpoles. I'm
wondering if there's anything I can do to increase the chances of them
making it to froghood. Suggestions? Any good literature out there?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 25-05-2003, 07:32 PM

ask on rec.ponds.

Bill Ranseen wrote:

Every winter and early spring the frogs (Pacific Treefrogs) party
nightly around my rainbarrel and every summer it's full of tadpoles. I'm
wondering if there's anything I can do to increase the chances of them
making it to froghood. Suggestions? Any good literature out there?
Thanks in advance for any help.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 26-05-2003, 01:08 AM
Zemedelec

Every winter and early spring the frogs (Pacific Treefrogs) party
nightly around my rainbarrel and every summer it's full of tadpoles.

Damn, I'd forgotten about tadpoles. I used to hunt them and I love them;
tadpoles in the rainbarrel is a good thing in itself. Good luck on getting
them to froghood.

zemedelec
Old 26-05-2003, 06:08 AM
jammer

On Sat, 24 May 2003 22:09:03 -0700, Bill Ranseen
wrote:

Every winter and early spring the frogs (Pacific Treefrogs) party
nightly around my rainbarrel and every summer it's full of tadpoles. I'm
wondering if there's anything I can do to increase the chances of them
making it to froghood. Suggestions? Any good literature out there?
Thanks in advance for any help.+

Feed them and make a little shelter for them. (From birds)

Old 26-05-2003, 07:44 PM
pelirojaroja

Wouldn't they also need a way to get out of the barrel, once they reach
froggie adulthood? Other than that, just fresh, clean water, shade, and
protection from birds.

I've raised adult leopard frogs from tadpoles, and they do make tadpole food
tablets. I got my food from "Uncle Milton" Frog Farms.

-- Good luck!
-- pelirojaroja

Old 27-05-2003, 02:20 AM
jammer

On Mon, 26 May 2003 14:32:13 -0400, "pelirojaroja"
wrote:

Wouldn't they also need a way to get out of the barrel, once they reach
froggie adulthood? Other than that, just fresh, clean water, shade, and
protection from birds.

I've raised adult leopard frogs from tadpoles, and they do make tadpole food
tablets. I got my food from "Uncle Milton" Frog Farms.

-- Good luck!
-- pelirojaroja

Yes, branches or bricks or whatever you can come up with.

Old 27-05-2003, 05:08 AM
Bill Ranseen

Thanks for suggestions. These guys are treefrogs and have suction pads
or something on their feet, so should have no trouble climbing out. I
often have one or two living in my greenhouse and they seem quite
capable of climbing up onto a high table I have for flats and potted
plants.
Old 28-05-2003, 12:20 AM
jammer

On Mon, 26 May 2003 20:47:05 -0700, Bill Ranseen
wrote:

Thanks for suggestions. These guys are treefrogs and have suction pads
or something on their feet, so should have no trouble climbing out. I
often have one or two living in my greenhouse and they seem quite
capable of climbing up onto a high table I have for flats and potted
plants.

I have toad tads currently and hope to see little toads some day. I am
44 and have never seen a baby toad.
Old 28-05-2003, 05:20 AM

toadpoles. baby toads are darling. Ingrid

wrote:

Thanks for suggestions. These guys are treefrogs and have suction pads
or something on their feet, so should have no trouble climbing out. I
often have one or two living in my greenhouse and they seem quite
capable of climbing up onto a high table I have for flats and potted
plants.

I have toad tads currently and hope to see little toads some day. I am
44 and have never seen a baby toad.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

[IMG] code is On

Do Shubunkin eat tadpoles? David W.E. Roberts Ponds 7 13-05-2003 06:08 PM
Do Shubunkin eat tadpoles? David W.E. Roberts Ponds (alternative) 11 13-05-2003 06:08 PM
Tadpoles, what to feed? K30a Ponds 2 06-05-2003 03:56 AM
Tadpoles eating my Water Lilys - Any suggestions? IKD Australia 7 05-04-2003 06:35 AM
Where the heck are the tadpoles? Sam Hopkins Ponds 1 28-03-2003 08:20 PM