Old 27-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Elizabeth

Default Camellia problem

A friend has a Camellia japonica that has some sort of problem. The leaves
look quite sunburned to me. The only thing is, the plant is two years old
and is in the shade of tall trees. Bright area, but no direct sun ay any
time of the day. The 60 yr old camellias across the street are doing the
same thing. This is in Baton Rouge, LA. Any ideas out there? thanks,

elizabeth

Old 30-05-2003, 01:32 AM
V_coerulea

Are the leaves also thickened and/or a little twisted? Is it confined only
to the new growth? If so, it's most likely a fungus that spreads rampantly
during cool springs with excessive rains. It also affects azaleas. I forgot
the name of the fungus, but it can be controlled with sprays before the
problem appears, or by hand picking leaves or cutting twigs and burning the
infected parts.

"Elizabeth" wrote in message
A friend has a Camellia japonica that has some sort of problem. The leaves
look quite sunburned to me. The only thing is, the plant is two years old
and is in the shade of tall trees. Bright area, but no direct sun ay any
time of the day. The 60 yr old camellias across the street are doing the
same thing. This is in Baton Rouge, LA. Any ideas out there? thanks,

elizabeth

[IMG] code is On

ID of Camellia Sacha[_3_] United Kingdom 21 02-04-2009 09:15 AM
Camellia Problem Jon United Kingdom 3 14-05-2006 10:11 AM
Camellia Debbie Stephen Goodall United Kingdom 2 25-03-2003 09:08 PM
[IBC] Know thy trees (was: [IBC] Camellia Bonsai) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 12-02-2003 08:25 PM
[IBC] Camellia Bonsai Lisa Beachler Bonsai 3 12-02-2003 04:25 PM