Old 29-05-2003, 05:20 AM
john

Default Special Post hole digger

I am trying to put in a fence around my house and garden. I am
looking for a certain type of MANUAL post hole digger to refine holes
I have already dug.

Instead of 2 blades which move toward each other, this digger has one
blade that stays still, and another that "scoops" the dirt up, like a
little shovel... It works great, and it is what the pros use....

Has anyone ever seen such a digger?
Any idea where I can get one? Thanks...
Old 29-05-2003, 02:56 PM

we got one that is just turned. it scoops/scrapes a lot of dirt and when lifted out
of the hole the dirt comes out with it nicely. Ingrid

(john) wrote:

I am trying to put in a fence around my house and garden. I am
looking for a certain type of MANUAL post hole digger to refine holes
I have already dug.

Instead of 2 blades which move toward each other, this digger has one
blade that stays still, and another that "scoops" the dirt up, like a
little shovel... It works great, and it is what the pros use....

Has anyone ever seen such a digger?
Any idea where I can get one? Thanks...

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 30-05-2003, 04:09 PM
J Kolenovsky

I bought an "earthquake" post hole powerhead several weeks ago. I use it
to plant in clay soils that have dried out and baked. Works good and
build arms. If the soil is too hard, a starter hole with some water
works well in creating the bore. I also use it in beds to perforate down
30" and fill the colummn with compost and organic fertilizer. I do this
every 12" to 18".

J. Kolenovsky
http://www.celestialhabitats.com

Tom Jaszewski wrote:
=

On 28 May 2003 09:44:33 -0700, (john) wrote:
=

it is what the pros use....

=

young pros perhaps, us old guys like powered augers.....
=

"Nature, left alone, is in perfect balance.
Harmful insects and plant diseases are always present,
but do not occur in nature to an extent which requires the use of poiso=

nous chemicals.
The sensible approach to disease and insect control is to grow sturdy c=

rops in a healthy environment."
=

Masanobu Fukuoka, One Straw Revolution--1978

-- =

J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
=F4=BF=F4 -
http://www.celestialhabitats.com - commercial