Old 31-05-2003, 04:44 PM
mike

Default What insect attacking?

I just planted a pear tree and for the last three days there have been
very fine strands of webs on it. The tree doesn't have any leaves on
it yet. I was told that they might be spider mites so I sprayed the
tree with stuff recommended by the store. So far I have sprayed it
three days in a row but next day the webs continue to appear. What
can I do to control this problem? Thanks.
Old 31-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Theo

I have the same problem with my gardenia and it is caused by spider
mites. I've tried almost everything to get rid of them, but no luck,
so I'm going to try again. Hope you have better luck then me.
Old 01-06-2003, 02:32 PM
Beecrofter

mike wrote in message . ..
I just planted a pear tree and for the last three days there have been
very fine strands of webs on it. The tree doesn't have any leaves on
it yet. I was told that they might be spider mites so I sprayed the
tree with stuff recommended by the store. So far I have sprayed it
three days in a row but next day the webs continue to appear. What
can I do to control this problem? Thanks.

One thing you could do to control this problem is to educate yourself
as to when pesticides are warranted.
Do you see any signs of insect damage?
Do you see any insects you can identify as a pest of peach trees?
You can see spider mites if that is what is making the webbing.
You can see even better with just about any hand lens.
If you type "peach culture" or "peach diseases" into any search engine
you will find a wealth of web based info. The better info comes from
universities and cooperative extension services.