Old 01-06-2003, 06:32 PM
Ali

Default Need a flower ID, have picture

Hi,

My mother clipped this picture out of a magazine last year and she hasn't
been able to find out what the flower is that dominates the lower half of
the picture. I just scanned it and put it on my site, and I hope someone
here can help me.

http://www.alidasaxon.com/images/unknown-flowers.jpg

Thanks for any help,

Ali

Old 01-06-2003, 07:08 PM
limey

"Ali" wrote in message
news
Hi,

My mother clipped this picture out of a magazine last year and she hasn't
been able to find out what the flower is that dominates the lower half of
the picture. I just scanned it and put it on my site, and I hope someone
here can help me.

http://www.alidasaxon.com/images/unknown-flowers.jpg

Thanks for any help,

Ali

They look like columbines to me.

Dora

Old 01-06-2003, 09:48 PM
Ali

Thanks for the reply, though I don't think so. I've got several columbine
and they're quite different:
http://www.burpee.com/images/us//loc...ail/b30700.jpg

We've come to think it might be wild flax, and I found a picture that at
burpee.com, but it's so close a picture, I can't tell if it's the same
(here's the pic I found the
http://www.burpee.com/shopping/produ...k eyword=blue
)

Anyone have wild flax that could say if my picture is wild flax? Or know
what it is if not? http://www.alidasaxon.com/images/unknown-flowers.jpg

Ali

Old 01-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Ann

"Ali" expounded:

Hi,

My mother clipped this picture out of a magazine last year and she hasn't
been able to find out what the flower is that dominates the lower half of
the picture. I just scanned it and put it on my site, and I hope someone
here can help me.

http://www.alidasaxon.com/images/unknown-flowers.jpg

Thanks for any help,

Ali

Looks like Flax, Linum perenne. Beautiful little plant!

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA
Old 02-06-2003, 01:08 AM
animaux

Blue flax

Old 02-06-2003, 03:56 AM
GrampysGurl

I myself couldn't tell you but maybe this site will help...

http://www.ct-botanical-society.org/garden/index.html
Old 02-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Frogleg

On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 18:14:43 -0400, Ann wrote:

"Ali" expounded:

My mother clipped this picture out of a magazine last year and she hasn't
been able to find out what the flower is that dominates the lower half of
the picture. I just scanned it and put it on my site, and I hope someone
here can help me.

http://www.alidasaxon.com/images/unknown-flowers.jpg

Looks like Flax, Linum perenne. Beautiful little plant!

Indeed. Isn't it? I suppose I should look it up, but what are its
blooming habits? If it has a long blooming season, it would be ideal
for many summer garden displays.
Old 02-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Ali

Thanks! They didn't have anything that looked exactly like the flower, but
the yellow flax they did have listed looked very similar.

I'm in Massacheusetts, but close enough to share CT's mix, so the site's
going to be a good one to revisit I'm sure.

Thanks again,

Ali

Old 02-06-2003, 05:08 PM
Ali

Thanks Ann! And to all who replied. I think we'll be getting a plant or two
once we figure out the new garden.

Ali