Old 02-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Jack

Default Leach field...beaten to death...

Hello all,
I did a google search regarding planting on top of a leach field, but got
differing opinions.

I would like to put some roses, etc. My field is 3-4 feet underground. I
can't image a rose garden would screw it up. Does it ?? I wouldn't do an
oak tree !!

What are your thoughts ??

Old 03-06-2003, 10:56 AM
Dwight Sipler

Jack wrote:

Hello all,
I did a google search regarding planting on top of a leach field, but got
differing opinions.

I would like to put some roses, etc. My field is 3-4 feet underground. I
can't image a rose garden would screw it up. Does it ?? I wouldn't do an
oak tree !!

What are your thoughts ??

As long as you plant something that doesn't have invasive roots, no
problem. Even vegetables should be OK, since pathogens don't travel
through the roots to the plants. This assumes you don't dump heavy metal
residuess and really toxic stuff into your septic system. That would be
more of a threat to your septic system than the plants would.