Old 05-06-2003, 04:56 AM
castles

Default Dahlia Tree

We visited the Luther Burbank Home and Garden in Santa Rosa, CA a few
weeks ago. They had a few plants for sale and I bought a Dahlia Tree in
a container. I did some research when I got home and found that these
trees grow to be twenty to thirty feet tall. I would like to keep it in
a container to keep it from getting too big. Anyone out there had
experience with doing this?

Thanks, Don

Old 05-06-2003, 07:20 AM
Starlord

Even if you keep it in the pot, it'll still grow that tall and it'll make tubers
that are realy BIG in size. If you trim it enough you could kill it too. If you
live where frost comes early, you also may never see it bloom too.

--
In This Universe The Night was Falling,The Shadows were lenghtening
But elsewhere the Stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and

Arthur C. Clarke "The City & The Stars"

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/
Starlord's Personal Page
http://starlord-personal.netfirms.com
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com

"castles" wrote in message
We visited the Luther Burbank Home and Garden in Santa Rosa, CA a few
weeks ago. They had a few plants for sale and I bought a Dahlia Tree in
a container. I did some research when I got home and found that these
trees grow to be twenty to thirty feet tall. I would like to keep it in
a container to keep it from getting too big. Anyone out there had
experience with doing this?

Thanks, Don

---

Old 05-06-2003, 11:44 PM
David Hill

".....I bought a Dahlia Tree in a container......"

Just out of interest .. What did it cost?
And what size was it??

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

[IMG] code is On

Tree dahlia Update Dave Hill United Kingdom 1 17-11-2007 12:25 AM
Aftercare for Dahlia Tree caposmum United Kingdom 2 05-11-2007 09:49 AM
Tree Dahlia Pam Moore United Kingdom 7 22-12-2004 02:35 PM
(AD) Dahlia World Starlord Gardening 1 08-02-2003 01:49 PM
Dahlia World Starlord Gardening 0 06-02-2003 09:23 PM