Old 07-06-2003, 04:20 AM
klein Hansen

Default How do I rid my garden and deck of carpenter ants?

I live in Ct. in a wooded area. I've been here for 5yrs and only seen
a few carpenter ants. Today I've seen 100s on my deck and around my
flower gardens. I've also noticed many of them carring {oblong eggs?]
Does anyone have any suggestions{other than moving] Thanks Klein
Old 07-06-2003, 12:56 PM
MacTech

I live in Ct. in a wooded area. I've been here for 5yrs and only seen
a few carpenter ants. Today I've seen 100s on my deck and around my
flower gardens. I've also noticed many of them carring {oblong eggs?]
Does anyone have any suggestions{other than moving] Thanks Klein

Klein:

Get rid of any dead brush, wood piles, etc from around your place. The
ants nest in dead wood. Also, get some borax laundry soap (20 Mule
Team is a brand name) and sprinkle it around the deck, gardens etc.
The ants will pick it up and take it back to their nest for food but
they don't know it's really poison Re-apply the borax after it
rains or a heavy dew. You need to take action now, because they are
looking for a place to start new nest either in your deck or worse
your house.

Randy

Share the View.
http://ruralroute2.com