Old 10-06-2003, 05:08 AM
effi

Default arsenic treated posts vs. honeysuckle bushes

will honeysuckle bushes planted about a foot from arensic treated posts be
negatively effected by the treated posts?

Old 10-06-2003, 01:08 PM
Frogleg

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003 23:07:19 -0500, "effi" wrote:

will honeysuckle bushes planted about a foot from arensic treated posts be
negatively effected by the treated posts?

If honeysuckle vines could be, I'd sink posts all over my yard!

The usual concern about wood treated with heavy metals has to do with
the safety of edible crops grown in the vicinity. Or leaching into,
say, sandbox soil and presenting a possible hazard to children. I've
never seen any evidence that it produces negative effect on landscape
plants.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Pam

effi wrote:

will honeysuckle bushes planted about a foot from arensic treated posts be
negatively effected by the treated posts?

No.