Old 12-06-2003, 02:56 AM
jlr

Default What is the best way to apply garden dust?

I bought some "eight insect control" garden dust But all I read just
says to apply it??????? How? What have you found to be the best way?

Old 12-06-2003, 03:56 AM
Nonya

I've used a nylon stocking in the past...just put a cup or two into the end
where the foot goes and gently bounce it up and down or lightly tap it with
your other hand depending on how much you want to dispence.

Sorry for the explicit details, but you never know...someone might think
that you were supposed to put it in the butt part.

Old 12-06-2003, 02:08 PM
Phisherman

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 01:43:58 GMT, jlr wrote:

I bought some "eight insect control" garden dust But all I read just
says to apply it??????? How? What have you found to be the best way?

Like the other poster said, a nylon stocking works great. I use a
nylon stocking over a can of Sevin dust. Probably a little better
than that is a hand-pumped duster you might find at a farmer's co-op.
Wear a good-fitting dust mask.
Old 12-06-2003, 02:20 PM
Tom Jaszewski

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 12:57:55 GMT, Phisherman wrote:

Wear a good-fitting dust mask

Use an approved pesticide respirator or learn to garden

Old 12-06-2003, 02:20 PM
Tom Jaszewski

http://www.bonideproducts.com/msds/8dust.pdf
Old 12-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Hal

You can buy a garden duster, if you have a large garden. Mom used a
cloth sack that would allow a dust to penetrate when the bag was jigged
up and down. She also got up early before the breeze had begun and
taken the dew off the leaves, so the dust would stick better.

Regards,

Hal

Old 12-06-2003, 06:08 PM
FarmerDill

Hand pump dust guns are availablefrom Lowes , Home Depot etc for 10 or so
bucks. Ihave seen people use cheese cloth, nylon stockings etc, but these don't
apply the insecticide to the underside of the leaves where most of the insects
hang out. Dusts are more hazardous to bees because of drift and because many
insecticides don't break down until they are wet. For a small garden. the
liquid forms in a spray bottle give you much more control over the application.
Old 13-06-2003, 01:32 AM
GrampysGurl

Use an approved pesticide respirator or learn to garden

meow!!

Old 15-06-2003, 03:56 AM
des weges

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 21:54:52 -0400, "Nonya"
wrote:

And your point is?

And your literacy level is?

"As crude a weapon as a cave man's club the chemical barrage has been hurled at the fabric of life."
Rachel Carson

tomj
Old 16-06-2003, 03:20 AM
Nonya

All I wanted to know was how the hell your post of a link to a MSDS
(material safety data sheet, in case your simple mind didn't know what that
was) had any relevance to the original poster's question. Geeze, get a
life...or better yet, learn to communicate you sub-human neanderthal! If it
weren't for chemicals you'd be eating grubs (or maybe you do).

"As crude a weapon as a cave man's club the chemical barrage has been
hurled at the fabric of life."

What a Crock!

Rachel Carson
tomj

Old 17-06-2003, 01:44 AM
des weges

Listen you rapacious sow, I believe every user of pesticides should be
fully aware of the product they are using. After all, since you are so
much more enlightened than I, you know that the purpose of an MSDS is
to inform workers by legal mandate of the potential hazards they may
be exposed to.