Old 13-06-2003, 02:44 AM
JanHuggies

Default red dogwood

I have planted 2 yellowtwig dogwoods that seem to be doing fine since
planting 4 weeks ago. The red one is on the verge of becoming compost. Help!
It just looks like it did the day I planted it. No buds. No leaves. No
nothing.

Old 13-06-2003, 02:56 AM
Stephen M. Henning

"JanHuggies" wrote:

I have planted 2 yellowtwig dogwoods that seem to be doing fine since
planting 4 weeks ago. The red one is on the verge of becoming compost. Help!
It just looks like it did the day I planted it. No buds. No leaves. No
nothing.

Maybe it is dead. They like water. If the roots dried out, it is
toast. We raise red twig and yellow twig dogwoods in a swamp and they
love it. You didn't say where you live, but they should break dormancy
by now most everywhere except in alpine climates.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://www.users.fast.net/~shenning